Friday, May 30, 2014

Goodbye students and parents!

Dear families,

This has been an amazing year of growth, learning and making new friends in third grade. Our class got along well and we are most proud of our growth as WRITERS! I hope you have the chance to look through each writing portfolio. Even though this writing curriculum was challenging at times, I have seen a significant improvement in the abilities of your children as writers. Don't forget to check out their latest pieces, the persuasive speech and the fairy tale!

I have sent home a few resources for you to use this summer if you wish.On Thursday, we discussed our love of reading and brainstormed fun/new places to read this summer. To prevent the summer slide, I have included information on how to keep your child reading this summer along with a 100 book challenge and a reading bingo board. Encourage your child to bring it back to school next year and show me! Also, if your child would like to write me this summer, I have included a letter and an address for them. These are the perfect activities to suggest when your child says, "I'm bored"! You could also encourage them to refer back to the blog with the math games, fact practice, websites, songs and activities.

Last but not least, thank you for entrusting me each day to help your child learn and grow. I love every minute of teaching third grade even though it flies by and is challenging! I have truly enjoyed teaching your child this year and thank you for your support during this year of transition in elementary school.

I hope you enjoy the summer and please encourage your child to come back and see me! They are welcome to e-mail me or write to me at anytime. I love them dearly and will miss them! :) Have a great summer!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Erin Craden


No comments:

Post a Comment