Good evening!
I have lots to talk about... so I will just jump right in! As some of you are already aware, our class won a school-wide contest last week to raise money for new library books at Long School! Altogether, we raised $47. 81 as a class and Long School raised a little over $500.00!!! Since our class won the contest, I got to go to the Book Fair and select $100.00 of new books for our classroom library! Thank you to everyone who sent in spare change... the kids were excited! Since we were learning about money, I had the students count up what had been brought in during math one day. They were really into it!
Upcoming Events:
Last, but not least...
Our Halloween party was last Thursday! Below are some pictures from the celebration! On behalf of the class I would like to once again say a huge THANK YOU to all of the parents who donated snacks, games, or their time making the party so much fun!Everyone had a great time!
Here is a message from Mrs. Parent, our party organizer:
I have lots to talk about... so I will just jump right in! As some of you are already aware, our class won a school-wide contest last week to raise money for new library books at Long School! Altogether, we raised $47. 81 as a class and Long School raised a little over $500.00!!! Since our class won the contest, I got to go to the Book Fair and select $100.00 of new books for our classroom library! Thank you to everyone who sent in spare change... the kids were excited! Since we were learning about money, I had the students count up what had been brought in during math one day. They were really into it!
Upcoming Events:
- Tuesday, November 5th: About 100 people from the St. Louis Rams and the Red Cross will be coming to Long School to help students create Veteran's Day cards for service men and women currently serving overseas! I will be sure to take plenty of pictures... you never know who will stop by our classroom!
- Friday, November 8th: A chef from Chartwells will visit/present to our class about fruits and vegetables.
- Monday, November 11th: Veteran's Day Assembly at Long School
Here is what we are learning about this week:
- Writing:Veteran's Day, introduction to Informational Writing unit
- Reading: Non-fiction (text features, summarizing, author's purpose)
- Science: Ecosystems, food chains and food webs
- Math: introduction to multiplication (this unit covers chapters 8-11)
Last, but not least...
Our Halloween party was last Thursday! Below are some pictures from the celebration! On behalf of the class I would like to once again say a huge THANK YOU to all of the parents who donated snacks, games, or their time making the party so much fun!Everyone had a great time!
Here is a message from Mrs. Parent, our party organizer:
Just a quick thanks to everyone for your help with the Halloween party Thursday. The kids all had a great time and it was a success. Favors that were sent in as well as help at the party were very much appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment