Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Very Busy Week!

Hello!

I hope you are having a nice weekend! Last week we used an iPad and an app called Skitch and went on a geometry scavenger hunt around school. We found around 20 shapes and were able to label them! We also used Q-tips to recreate the shapes and made posters! The goal was to make math more hands-on since there are so many new vocabulary terms! Special thanks to Mrs. Hessler for helping out with this project, everyone was able to participate and had so much fun.  I put the pictures into a Power Point and attached it to the e-mail that I also sent you. Students can also log in to Edmodo and view it while they are studying. The test will be Monday! Here is an example of one of the geometric figures we found!



There are several important events this week:

Monday: Math test over Ch. 19, geometric figures.
Tuesday: PRISM projects are due
Wednesday: Early Release at 1:40 P.M.
Thursday: Jump Rope for Heart; Valentine's Day Party at 2:00 P.M.
Next Monday (2/18): NO SCHOOL, President's Day

Please do not forget to send in your box tops! We are having a school wide contest to see which classroom can collect the most and the contest ends Friday. Thank you!!!

Here is a look at what we are working on this week:

Math: Geometry- congruence and symmetry, solid (3D) shapes
Social Studies: settlers in St. Louis, transportation
Reading: Problem and Solution, predicting/inferring/asking questions
Writing: writing a multi-paragraph paper with transition sentences and a clear beginning, middle and end.
Spelling: Groups 3 and 4 test this week, everyone else begins work with new words.

The weekly progress report will be sent home again this week, I just wanted to wait until both test grades were calculated! If you have any questions, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment