Good evening,
Hello! This week all students will be taking a spelling test on Tuesday and a math test on Thursday over chapters 8-11. At this time, students should have at least one strategy that they can use to solve a multiplication problem. Even though we will be testing over multiplication this week, please continue to encourage fact practice throughout the remainder of the school year. By the end of the year, students should know their facts for 0-10. If you have not noticed already, there is a blue card taped inside of the take home folder. This is where I will make note of the facts your child has mastered so far. I have been trying to point out real-world reasons for why knowing these facts by heart is important, and most students are very motivated to learn them! All of third grade is giving the test on Thursday because we had no other option. If you are looking for materials to study, please refer to the math papers and notebook that are in the binder. If you would like to use the online textbook (on Moodle), the chapters being tested are 8,9,10 and 11.
Information regarding the class and school wide Spelling Bee was sent home on Friday, along with a newspaper that had words to study. Our class Spelling Bee will be on January 11th, 2013. The top 2 winners will advance to the school-wide Spelling Bee on January 18th. More information on this will follow.
Our Christmas party will be at 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, December 20th. All are welcome to attend! Lisa Winterer is organizing the party (Sam's mom), and she has asked that if you have items/snacks to donate to please send them to school. Our nurse has a new policy that all of the snacks for room parties have to be checked BEFORE the day of the party. If you have anything to donate, please send it to school before Wednesday so I can send it up to the nurse's office and have it checked for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.
It is hard to believe that the first semester of the school year has already flown by this quickly! This is a reminder that the last day for student's is this Thursday. I will be recording grades on Friday. If I do not hear from you or see you this week, I just wanted to say... Happy Holidays! I truly love working with your children each day!
Hello! This week all students will be taking a spelling test on Tuesday and a math test on Thursday over chapters 8-11. At this time, students should have at least one strategy that they can use to solve a multiplication problem. Even though we will be testing over multiplication this week, please continue to encourage fact practice throughout the remainder of the school year. By the end of the year, students should know their facts for 0-10. If you have not noticed already, there is a blue card taped inside of the take home folder. This is where I will make note of the facts your child has mastered so far. I have been trying to point out real-world reasons for why knowing these facts by heart is important, and most students are very motivated to learn them! All of third grade is giving the test on Thursday because we had no other option. If you are looking for materials to study, please refer to the math papers and notebook that are in the binder. If you would like to use the online textbook (on Moodle), the chapters being tested are 8,9,10 and 11.
Information regarding the class and school wide Spelling Bee was sent home on Friday, along with a newspaper that had words to study. Our class Spelling Bee will be on January 11th, 2013. The top 2 winners will advance to the school-wide Spelling Bee on January 18th. More information on this will follow.
Our Christmas party will be at 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, December 20th. All are welcome to attend! Lisa Winterer is organizing the party (Sam's mom), and she has asked that if you have items/snacks to donate to please send them to school. Our nurse has a new policy that all of the snacks for room parties have to be checked BEFORE the day of the party. If you have anything to donate, please send it to school before Wednesday so I can send it up to the nurse's office and have it checked for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.
It is hard to believe that the first semester of the school year has already flown by this quickly! This is a reminder that the last day for student's is this Thursday. I will be recording grades on Friday. If I do not hear from you or see you this week, I just wanted to say... Happy Holidays! I truly love working with your children each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment