Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Weekly Update

Good evening,

Parent teacher conferences are underway! Even though 15 minutes flies by, I am grateful that I get to sit down with each one of you and discuss your child's progress! This truly is a great class and I love how excited they are about plants and multiplication.... even during the week of challenge course in gym and  Halloween! Please see the posts below for pictures of Ability Awareness Day, our continents projects, and our explorations as botanists in our outdoor learning space. Fun times were had this week!

Reminders:
  • If you have not already done so, please send the permission slip and money for the field trip to school when possible. If you have offered to chaperone the trip, I will be following up with you after conferences. 
  • Please send your child to school in regular clothes on Thursday. The class will change after lunch for the Halloween party. There are guidelines for costumes (no scary masks, blood, weapons, etc.) so please call the office if you have questions. 
  • All Halloween treats must be approved by the nurse before the day of the party. 
  • The Halloween party is scheduled from 2-3 P.M. 
  • There is NO SCHOOL on Friday (Halloween). Enjoy! 
Here is what we are learning about this week:
  • Reading- beginning non-fiction unit (learning about bats this week!)
  • Writing- informational writing (how to organize and include text features)
  • Spelling- tests will be in another week... lots of activities lately have interrupted our time
  • Math- introduction to multiplication (start practicing facts, see blog for sites!) 
  • Science- plants unit (parts of a plant, plant needs)
I hope you enjoy the pictures! If I do not see you at conferences or the party, I hope you have a great week. Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment