Good evening!
After reading this post, please be sure to scroll down and see some of the pictures that I have uploaded below! We had a lot of fun last week! With 12 1/2 more days of school, we are getting pretty squirmy! I am trying to do as many hands on and fun things as possible, but we do have 3 more unit tests that I wanted to mention in this post. We will have one for social studies, one for math, and a science quiz.
Here is what we are working on this week:
Math: Division concepts (Test will be 5/15)
Social Studies: Economics (Study guide will come home Monday, test will be 5/ 8)
Reading: persuasive text features, book clubs, end of year review
Writing: Opinion/persuasive writing
Science: very short unit on Energy, will begin later this week (Quiz will be 5/21)
Literacy Festival on 5/10/13:
Every few years, Long School holds a Literacy Festival. This year, we will get to meet children's author Michael Rex, enjoy literacy/technology activities, and even get the chance to choose two new books to take home! I know Dr. Parker was working on getting an Ice Cream Truck to come by school so that each child could have the chance to purchase an ice cream. I will let you know later in the week if this is still on, but I wanted to let you know that the cost of the ice cream will be $2.00. I will send home a note and have the kids write it in their planner if this is still going to happen. Thank you!
Field Day 2013:
This year, Long School will also be having Field Day!!! Dr. Parker has reserved Crestwood Park for the all day event. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather! Field Day will take place on Thursday, May 16. If there is inclement weather, we will remain at school and just keep the fun inside! When the time gets closer, I will send out a reminder to have your child come to school with tennis shoes, a water bottle, sunscreen, etc. The kids and I are very excited about this. If you would like to help or volunteer, please let me know and I will pass the info on to Dr. Parker.
Lastly, I will leave you with pictures of Fredbird! He energetically visited our school before MAP testing to cheer us on! The kids had no idea that he was coming! Luckily, Miss Chapman and Matteo's brother Marcos were chosen to dance with him in front of the school this year, and not me! I haven't been so lucky in previous years...
Have a great week!
After reading this post, please be sure to scroll down and see some of the pictures that I have uploaded below! We had a lot of fun last week! With 12 1/2 more days of school, we are getting pretty squirmy! I am trying to do as many hands on and fun things as possible, but we do have 3 more unit tests that I wanted to mention in this post. We will have one for social studies, one for math, and a science quiz.
Here is what we are working on this week:
Math: Division concepts (Test will be 5/15)
Social Studies: Economics (Study guide will come home Monday, test will be 5/ 8)
Reading: persuasive text features, book clubs, end of year review
Writing: Opinion/persuasive writing
Science: very short unit on Energy, will begin later this week (Quiz will be 5/21)
Literacy Festival on 5/10/13:
Every few years, Long School holds a Literacy Festival. This year, we will get to meet children's author Michael Rex, enjoy literacy/technology activities, and even get the chance to choose two new books to take home! I know Dr. Parker was working on getting an Ice Cream Truck to come by school so that each child could have the chance to purchase an ice cream. I will let you know later in the week if this is still on, but I wanted to let you know that the cost of the ice cream will be $2.00. I will send home a note and have the kids write it in their planner if this is still going to happen. Thank you!
Field Day 2013:
This year, Long School will also be having Field Day!!! Dr. Parker has reserved Crestwood Park for the all day event. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather! Field Day will take place on Thursday, May 16. If there is inclement weather, we will remain at school and just keep the fun inside! When the time gets closer, I will send out a reminder to have your child come to school with tennis shoes, a water bottle, sunscreen, etc. The kids and I are very excited about this. If you would like to help or volunteer, please let me know and I will pass the info on to Dr. Parker.
Lastly, I will leave you with pictures of Fredbird! He energetically visited our school before MAP testing to cheer us on! The kids had no idea that he was coming! Luckily, Miss Chapman and Matteo's brother Marcos were chosen to dance with him in front of the school this year, and not me! I haven't been so lucky in previous years...
Have a great week!







No comments:
Post a Comment